Android System Intelligence - Do you clear it periodically? Do you wipe it out?

Andy Burnelli

Nov 21, 2022, 10:55:14 AM11/21/22
The purpose of this thread is to learn about & discuss ASI intelligently.

First question:
*Do you periodically clear Android System Intelligence?*

Second question:
*Do you remove Android System Intelligence altogether?*

HINT: I just did, moments ago. Let's see what happens, shall we.

Here are screenshots I just made to help flesh out what ASI does.
<https://i.postimg.cc/V6k0sgfz/sysintel01.jpg> Android System Intelligence
<https://i.postimg.cc/Pr3LDYgz/sysintel02.jpg> Disable ASI on your phone
<https://i.postimg.cc/x8gXtzcQ/sysintel03.jpg> That stops many activities
<https://i.postimg.cc/VLPzf9Px/sysintel04.jpg> ASI has just been removed

Fundamentally, the intention of this thread is to flesh out answers.
a. What "good things" does Android System Intelligence do on your phone?
b. Is there any advantage to NOT clearing Android System Intelligence data?

REFERENCES
*What is Android System Intelligence*
<https://www.gearrice.com/update/what-is-android-system-intelligence-and-how-does-it-affect-your-mobile/>
*What is Android system intelligence*
<https://techshift.net/what-is-android-system-intelligence-and-do-i-need-it/>
*Google renames Device Personalization Services to Android System Intelligence*
<https://9to5google.com/2021/09/12/google-android-system-intelligence/>
*What is Android system intelligence*
<https://voonze.com/what-is-android-system-intelligence-and-why-has-it-been-updated-on-your-android/>
*What is Android System Intelligence and why do you need it?*
<https://www.pcguide.com/android/guide/android-system-intelligence/>
*5 Android settings to toggle off for your privacy (shill)*
<https://www.expressvpn.com/blog/android-privacy-settings-to-turn-off/>
*Disable android intelligence services*
<https://www.reddit.com/r/Pixel6/comments/rwu09d/disable_android_intelligence_services/>
*Android System Intelligence*
<https://support.google.com/pixelphone/answer/12112173?hl=en#:~:text=Android%20System%20Intelligence%20is%20a,while%20keeping%20your%20data%20private.>
--
Posted out of the goodness of my heart to disseminate useful information
which, in this case, is to discuss Android System Intelligence data use.

Andy Burnelli

Nov 22, 2022, 1:04:54 AM11/22/22
Andy Burnelli wrote:

> *Do you remove Android System Intelligence altogether?*

UPDATE
<https://i.postimg.cc/V6k0sgfz/sysintel01.jpg> Android System Intelligence
<https://i.postimg.cc/Pr3LDYgz/sysintel02.jpg> Disable ASI on your phone
<https://i.postimg.cc/x8gXtzcQ/sysintel03.jpg> That stops many activities
<https://i.postimg.cc/VLPzf9Px/sysintel04.jpg> ASI no longer shows up
<https://i.postimg.cc/9FjntrgQ/sysintel05.jpg> Private Compute Services
<https://i.postimg.cc/Qt9yS5rH/sysintel06.jpg> Uploads to Google servers
<https://i.postimg.cc/QdfY3S8F/sysintel07.jpg> FOSS OpenBoard KB learning
<https://i.postimg.cc/s25ctzct/sysintel08.jpg> Summary of the steps taken

The whole point of the Android newsgroup is for us to learn more about how
Android works, in an intelligent mutually beneficial constructive way.

To do my part, I disabled the two services which are new as of Android 12.
Android System Intelligence === <com.google.android.as>
Private Compute Services === <com.google.android.as.oss>

While I try not to make multiple major changes at the same time, I decided
it makes no sense to wipe out Android "Private Compute Services" without
also stopping "Android System Intelligence" (formerly known as "Android
Personalization Service" because they work together, one after the other.

Private Compute Services uploads machine-learning data gathered by Android
System Intelligence on your Android phone to Google's Internet servers.
*Introducing Android's Private Compute Services*
<https://security.googleblog.com/2021/09/introducing-androids-private-compute.html>

Above are new screenshots I made of the results, for all to benefit.
a. First, I deleted Android System Intelligence previously gathered data
b. But then I wiped out Android System Intelligence data gathering
c. After that, I also wiped out Private Compute Services data uploads
d. I added keyboard machine learning w/o those uploads to Google servers

Each of the actions above is optional, of course, especially that last one.
*OpenBoard* by dslul, rated 3.8 in 2.26K reviews with 100K+ Downloads
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.dslul.openboard.inputmethod.latin>
<https://github.com/openboard-team/openboard>

I will test the results further for the team, where I already see
significant changes, but I reserve judgement pending further testing.

If you have more information to impart to the team, please add value!
Every one of us pitches in so that all of us become more knowledgeable.
--
Posted out of the goodness of my heart to disseminate useful information
which, in this case, is to test what happens when these are wiped out.